Friday, September 25, 2009

New Journey


I started a new jouney this year, one of personal growth and challenges.
At the age of 52, I have allowed myself to be in control of my life. All the decisions good or unwise are of my doing. It has taken great focus and energy to travel this new direction. What is exciting is that there is no set destination, no predetermined date of arrival. It is a trip that keeps revealing with every turn, with each new door that presents itself and a variety of methods of travel as I explore it.

I was thrilled and a bit relieved when my thoughts and fingers started to express themselves with my own art.

Much has been focused into making my new house a home; it has taken nearly 10 months to return to this avenue of expression.

I so missed it and everyone in my miniature and altered family. I have never forgotten any of you; I appreciate beyond words the love, the energy and the space that has been shared with me. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I missed the NAME National Convention in Indianapolis and will not be attending the Small Scale Houseparty in Utah next week. What I miss the most are the wonderful people who I call friends and many more waiting to become new friends.

2010 Nationals in Seattle next July is not that far away- I intend to make up my absence with even more obnoxious enthusiastic and excitement.

For those going to Salt Lake Small Scale Houseparty- my altered Halloween house will be exhibited along with altered miniaturists. I hope you have a chance to see how unique each turned out, all starting with the same idea- and finishing with each persons own creative spirit.

There is endless ideas and endless potential available for all of our art- when shared- the possibilities are greatly magnified.

Thank you all for sharing….I love it and need it.

1 comment:

Carol Mittlesteadt-Kubrican said...

Hi Debby. Can you contact me regarding packages being shipped for the NAME Convention? Thank you, Carol Kubrican carol@true2scale.com