Sunday, November 16, 2008

Progress on the "Your House Challange"


All today I was playing with my dear friends in our miniature club (KETCHUP CLUB).

We are all working on our “Your House” altered miniature project.

All five of ours are Halloween based (all of our Christmas presents this year to each other will be Halloween themed too).

I have included pictures of my house and the progress made. (REMEMBER IN PROGRESS).

It is no longer just black boxes, but now has the basic wallpaper in and out. With many more layers to come.

Our only rule on this project is that it fits within a acrylic container that was given to all of us by Susie Newell. Using the America’s House project as a starting point we have all ventured down our own paths.

The base was carefully cut to fit inside the container, but after wallpapering all around it was too big. So the knife came out and ruthlessly it was trimmed up.

I added a floor for each layer of boxes to sit on, so it has a more open layout and more places to put “stuff”. The knife came out a couple more times as each floor was added.

I will share my progress (good and bad). It is fun to see how my initial conception becomes final reality. It is always different but right in the end.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

No comments: